Yes, it is a free app, and it’s available on both Android and iOS devices.
Does Abizo need an internet connection?
No, you don’t need a connection while navigating the app. Though, sending of reports and receiving of messages requires an internet connection.
Are calls and messages within the app for free?
Unfortunately, not. It will cost you load via SMS messaging and calling.
Will it cost me load if I used the SOS Button?
Only if you use it without internet connection, but otherwise, it is free.
How to send an SOS alert
- The SOS button can be found on the Home Screen and the PEAS tab
- Press the button for 3-4 seconds to send an SOS alert
- Your default circle and organization will receive both a notification and a text message with your exact time and location of where you pressed the SOS button
Can I send an SOS in-behalf of someone else?
- We discourage doing this as it can cause confusion with your family or members of your Circle since you cannot move the location pin to a different location
How to send an incident report to my organization?
- Click on the IReS tab and click on the incident you want to report then press the orange button for 3-4 seconds to send your report
How can I add details to my report?
- Once you’ve selected the incident you want to report, click the orange button once to open the camera.
- Take photo or video and add captions, then press send
How to create reports using the Abizo® Dashboard?
- Enter your credentials to access your Dashboard
- On the left side menu, click on IReS
- Click on “View Incident Types” and click on “Add Incident Type”
- Enter in the report you want to add
How to send an Engage message to your organization?
- From your dashboard, click on Engage at the left side of the screen
- Click Create Message on top of the screen to start creating your message
- Click Save & Send to send your message
How can I edit an Engage message I already sent?
- Simply click on the message you want to edit
- In the overview of the message, click on the Edit Message at the top of the screen
- Edit the message then click on Save rather than Save & Send
- Window will go back to the overview of the message, then click Update, Seed, and Trigger accordingly to resend the message with the changes
Is there a character limit in sending a message?
- You can only type in 160 characters per message, but you can send as many messages you want as long as connected to the internet.
How long can I record my voice notes?
- You can record up to 10 seconds of voice notes
How can I send a location request?
- Click the Abizo logo at the bottom of the Home Screen to show members of the selected Circle
- Click on the location pin beside the member you like to locate to send a request
How will I know if my member’s location sharing is on/off?
- The location pin beside their name should be orange if the location is on, and gray if the location is off